Our high school ministry, which includes youth in grades 9-12, is called Upper Room. Back in the day, many people would meet in an upper room to learn about Christianity and to participate in religious events. We find it fitting that our high school youth meet on the 3rd floor and are searching for ways to learn more about God. This ministry provides an accepting atmosphere where youth can explore their faith as they cultivate their own thoughts and beliefs.
Upper Room meets on Sunday mornings at 9:15 a.m. in the Chapel for Worship followed by our weekly meeting from 10:30-11:30 a.m. in the Upper Room (Room 308). These meetings are opportunities for us to connect to your youth, worship our God, and discuss our faith. This year we will have a question of faith each month for discussion.
We encourage our youth to ponder, research and question their faith. We have found it is in moments like that where faith begins to grow and flourish. Come join us!
Upper Room has some wonderful, thoughtful, and caring adults involved in this ministry. They also know how to have a lot of fun. Let me introduce you!
Roger Outcalt (he also answers to Trouble)
- Young at heart, long in wisdom, short of hair
- Grandpa to 5+ grandchildren
- Plays soccer weekly
- Likes to have fun
- "I like to believe that the youth are as much of an adult as I am, and I am as much of a youth as they are."--Roger Outcalt
Julie Bates Flint
- Always happy!
- Recently married
- Enjoys helping others and serving her community
- Loves to be outside and camp
- Has a heart for youth!
- "I love seeing how many people the Chinese Restaurant thinks I am by how many fortune cookies they deliver with my meal. Tonight 8. Not a record, but respectable!"--Julie Bates Flint