Our middle school ministry, for youth in grades 7 and 8, is called 4 Twelve. This name comes from the scripture found in 1 Timothy 4:12 which states, "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity."
4 Twelve will begin meeting at 10:45-11:30 a.m. on Sunday mornings. We invite all youth to join us in worship at 10 a.m. in the Chapel. We will head up to room 304 after worship for our youth programming. During this time we have games, a lesson, and devotions allowing youth to establish roots in their own faith and begin exploring their own personal beliefs. Come join us!
Keep up to date on all of the activities, service dates, and mission trips with our monthly newsletter!
April 14: Youth Sunday Planning Lock-IN
Friday 6:30 p.m. until Saturday 7:30 a.m.
April 16: Happy Easter! Worship with your families!
April 23: Serve Indy!
Worship at 9 a.m. in Sanctuary
Youth Serve at Fletcher Place from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m.
April 30: Worship at 10 a.m. in Chapel
Youth Programming at 10:30 in Room 308
May 7: Worship at 10 a.m. in Chapel
Youth Programming at 10:30 a.m. in Room 308
May 13: Youth Sunday Practice 10-11:30 a.m.
May 14: YOUTH SUNDAY! 8:15 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
We have a wonderful, loving, and fun group of adults who volunteer with the Middle School Ministry 4 Twelve. Let me introduce you to them!
Janette and Rich Martin
- Survived two teenage daughters (Ashley and Emily)
- Butler basketball fans
- Voted coolest parents (don't ask their daughters, they are biased)
- Have been teaching Sunday School for 4 years
- Easy going with a good sense of humor
- "We should have showed up to the meeting when they updated the website."--The Martins
- Proud aunt of 4
- Enjoys boating, golf, and Butler basketball
- Always in the mood to laugh and smile
- Very positive, upbeat
- Do not be worried/scared by her random song outbreaks
- "Age is just a number, but acting 12 is a spiritual gift."--Stacy
Kenton (aka "Wonton") Brett
- Proud Dad to Emma and Laura
- Loves to travel, especially with youth!
- Likes stupid puns and jokes (but not up to Roger’s level)
- Most useful skill: Can juggle and ride a unicycle, wherever it is necessary.
- "Ask me about my zebra encounter"--Wonton