Meridian Street Sports
Spring Soccer Registration is Open
Registration is now open for spring soccer!
We will have 4 coed age groups; 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-11. The 9-11 league is STILL open for registration. But the 3/4, 5/6 and 7/8 leagues are 100% - please ask to be added to the waitlist for these leagues.
Practice nights will be determined by coaches following the coaches meeting on March 17th and will be held once per week. Games will be held primarily on Saturdays and Sundays, with some weeknight games later in the season. Coaches will call parents with team info by the 20th. Practices will begin in late March and the season will run through May. The fee for participation is $95.
Please click on the "Register" link above to register. NOTE: each child will need to be registered separately; to register multiple kids, please alter your first name slightly (e.g., add a middle initial) to trick the system and allow you to proceed.
Release of Liability for Youth Soccer
IN CONSIDERATION OF my child/ward being allowed to participate in any way in the Meridian Street Sports related events and activities, I agree that:
The risks of injury and illness (ex: communicable diseases such as MRSA, influenza, and COVID-19) to my child from the activities involved in these programs are significant, including the potential for permanent disability and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce these risks, the risks of serious injury and illness do exist; and,
- FOR MYSELF, SPOUSE, AND CHILD, I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASES or others, and assume full responsibility for my child’s participation; and,
- I willingly agree to comply with the program’s stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If I observe any unusual significant concern in my child’s readiness for participation and/or in the program itself, I will remove my child from the participation and bring such attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
- I myself, my spouse, my child, and on behalf of my/our heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS (insert legal name of sports organization); its directors, officers, officials, agents, employees, volunteers, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“Releasees”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property incident to my child’s involvement or participation in these programs, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- I, for myself, my spouse, my child, and on behalf of my/our heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS all the above Releasees from any and all liabilities incident to my involvement or participation in these programs, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THEIR NEGLIGENCE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- I, the parent/guardian, assert that I have explained to my child/ward: the risks of the activity, his/her responsibilities for adhering to the rules and regulations, and that my child/ward understands this agreement.
My registration indicates that I give permission to Meridian Street United Methodist Church and Children's Day In to use, without charge and without reservation, my likeness in any medium and for any lawful purpose, including promoting the church, its programs, and services. I waive any rights of action I may have and release Meridian Street from any and all claims I may have arising from use of my likeness, including any rights to sue for defamation or violation of my rights of privacy or publicity.
Meridian Street Mailing List
Want to Be Added To Our Mailing List for Email Reminders? Please click the following link to add your email address - thanks!
About Meridian Street Sports
Our goal is to promote healthy physical activity and positive team experiences in an environment that demands sportsmanship and courteous behavior. We strive to provide basic skills instruction and to install the value of dedication and self-discipline. We desire to involve parents in this aspect of their child's development in order to promote well rounded individuals and families.
Meridian Street Sports is a recreational league. Our main objectives are for the kids to have fun, learn good sportsmanship, play safely, and learn the fundamentals.