Otto Legacy Grants
The Otto Legacy Fund was established as a new permanent fund of the endowment of
The purpose of the fund is to use the income generated by the endowment principle to
- activities that directly benefit fellowship and spiritual formation of the Meridian Street UMC youth through retreats and camping experiences, mission experiences, etc.
- fellowship and spiritual development of other Meridian Street church groups
- outreach to Indianapolis area disadvantaged youth for enriching and developmental experiences
- initiatives to engage spiritual, emotional, and educational growth and wellbeing in children and youth
Organizations within Meridian Street as well as other charitable entities are invited and encouraged to complete the application for funding from The Otto Legacy Fund (OLF). Guidelines for these grants are available here. Grant requests are to be submitted using the Charitable Funding Request Form specific for the OLF. You can download the grant application here.
Grant requests must be received by the committee no later than February 25 and September 25 to be considered for review. The requesting entity will be informed by letter of the approval or denial of the grant.
Florence Hansman Legacy Grants
In honor of Mrs. Florence Hansman, Meridian Street offers grants to organizations to support innovative or experimental projects that do one or more of the following:
- attempt to meet community needs and challenges in new and creative ways
- employ existing public resources, community assets, and opportunities to strengthen the community
- expand existing programs to serve a wider population or provide a greater level of service
Organizations within Meridian Street as well as other charitable and service organizations within the greater Indianapolis area are invited and encouraged to complete the application for funding from the Florence Hansman Legacy Fund. Guidelines for these grants are available here here. Grant requests are to be submitted using the online application form specific to the Florence Hansman Legacy Fund, available here: https://forms.gle/oYM3GCFrZv6cUbeu5
Grant requests must be received by the committee no later than the quarterly deadlines of January 25, April 25, July 25, and October 25 to be considered for review. Applicants will be informed by email of the approval or denial of the grant.
Please address all inquiries regarding the Otto Legacy Fund or the Florence Hansman Legacy Fund to Rev. Mary Dicken.