Mission Opportunities in 2020
Meridian Street United Methodist Church
Midwest Mission Distribution Center - Chatham, Illinois (near Springfield)
April 26-29, 2020
Help provide disaster relief, education and medical supplies to those in need both locally, nationally and internationally. A variety of tasks are available for those of all ages (11 and older) and physical capabilities.
This is a great trip for those wanting a rewarding and fun mission experience, with only a modest outlay of time and expenses.
Accommodations: Very comfortable dormitory facility.
For more information or if interested contact Cyrena Gilman.
Please note that space is limited.
Cost: $20 per person per night plus food and travel expenses.
April 23 - May 1, 2022
What is Mission Guatemala?
Mission Guatemala's mission is to help meet the basic needs and improve the quality of life of under-served and impoverished Guatemalan peoples through health, education and nutrition initiatives and missionary service.
Our Vision is a Guatemala where:
* Children do not die from hunger.
* Children, women, and men have access to quality and respectful healthcare, regardless of race, religion, sex, age, or economic status.
* Rates of illness and death due to respiratory illnesses and burns from open cook fires in the home becomes a problem of the past.
* Families learn the importance of proper nutrition and sanitation.
* Mothers and children have access to vitamins and formula.
* Water is accessible and safe to drink.
* Dental care is no longer a luxury.
* Communities decide what services they need and help make them a reality.
Mission Guatemala was founded in early 2009 by Tom Heaton, a United Methodist pastor (from Indiana!) who has supported the needs of the poor of Guatemala since the year 2000. In the spring of 2010, Mission Guatemala located a mission site in the community of San Andrés Semetebaj and began the needed renovations to open a medical office, preschool/nutrition center and dental office. Though our services have expanded over the years, and our staff has grown, our core mission has remained the same – partnering with local communities and schools to positively impact the areas of health, nutrition, and education in the communities of San Andrés Semetebaj and beyond.
For more information about the mission program at Meridian Street, please contact Pastor Mary,